One Hundred Days
If you had 100 days to achieve any goal you could... what would it be? As of September 22nd, (just a few days ago) there were 100 days left in this year. Yesterday, I posted this question on my facebook page and was happily surprised at all the likes, comments and shares so I thought it would be fun to expand on this a bit.
ONE HUNDRED DAYS. IMAGINE WHAT YOU CAN ACHIEVE IN ONE HUNDRED DAYS.
Maybe it's a project you've been meaning to finish, like redecorating your office, cleaning out your closet or working on the book you'll "write someday". There might be a new skill you've been wanting to learn… Sewing? Photoshop? Hip-hop? Or it could be a nasty old habit you've been needing to ditch. Wouldn't it be great to have already achieved your New Year's Resolution when you're ringing in the New Year? I think so. And...hmm.. if you stashed away just $10 a day, you'd have an extra grand on January 1st. I'm down!
100 days is a generous chunk of time to get something done. Pick a goal and go with it. Just one, so you can really focus on it. Declare your intentions to a close friend or significant other for support. Write some encouraging words ahead of time in your agenda or on your calendar to remind yourself to stick with it!
I've been thinking about this and here is a list of ideas I came up with. I'm sure you have some really good ones of your own and I'd love to hear them so please add your thoughts and suggestions in the comment section below.
1) Build that website you've been talking about. You can do it in 100 days. I did. Here's proof.
2) Free-write in a journal at least 5 days a week until the end of the year. I promise this will bring you immeasurable clarity.
3) Learn to sing. I know it's dorky but I've always thought it would be cool to be able to sing Auld Lang Syne (and know what they're really saying).
4) Start a youtube channel.
5) Get rid of your storage unit. In the next 100 days, clean it out and sell things on ebay and craigslist or give stuff away to family and friends in need. Not only will you make money by selling some things but think how much money you'll save on storage rent in the next 3 months… 3 years.. You get it… You just earned a new sofa.. or a vacation! Bonus: another opportunity to find great holiday gifts to give.
6) Stash $10 (or $X amount) away every day for the next 100 hundred days and do not touch it for any reason. How good will it feel to start the new year with an extra grand under your mattress?
7) Do the 30 day ab challenge… three times.
8) Learn to sew, knit or crochet.
9) Take a painting class. Your art would make an awesome gift for someone you love.
10) Learn to make sushi.
11) Quit smoking, drinking, and bitching.
12) Make a list of the books you'd like to read. Order them. Read them.
13) Purge your files and organize your desk.
14) Make a list or pile of things that need to be repaired or replaced and repair or replace them. They have been draining your energy.
15) Drink at least 64 ounces of pure water every day for the next 100 days. You'll look and feel great!
16) Do 20 push-ups every day.
17) Clean up your credit.
18) Work on your family tree and photo albums. Convert everything to digital. I know this is a huge project but It will be so rewarding to be able to share everything with your family this holiday season.
19) Get a good cardio workout on every odd numbered day.
20) Start researching all the places in the word that intrigue you and make some decisions, plans and goals to go to those places.
21) Create a "vision board". Of course you can do this with pinterest or evernote, but sometimes a tangible version is just what you need to see everyday.
22) Update and revamp your online profiles. ALL of them.
23) Clean out your car trunk and make an emergency kit. Actually, make more than one and give them to your best friend, mom, spouse or anyone else you care about.
24) Clean out your closet(s). Start fresh in 2014. If you need help with this one, let me know. I have some good tips.
25) Make a schedule to spend more real time with the elders in your life. They won't be here forever. Ask them to share all of their stories with you. If they live far away, consider phone calls or a video chat. You might have to help set this up, but they will love it. I think this one might be my list favorite.
I hope you found some inspiration and have fun with your new project or goal. Keep in touch and let me know how it's going. If you like this post, please share it with your fiends and sign-up for my newsletter. I'm looking forward to your comments and ideas!
Lots of love,